Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Never say never.....

Today was the day Miss Priss was due home. She has been visiting with the ex for almost 3 weeks.

We were suppose to meet at 7am at my townhouse. At 640 i heard a car (at my mom's). 645 a head pokes itself into my mom's room - it was Priss. When I asked where her dad was she said "he dropped me off." The house as dark. Yes, my car was out front but still?!?!?!

He brought her to the garage, saw the door was unlocked and sent her in. I went to the driveway and he had already cranked the car and was looking for something behind the seat. He opened the door when he saw me. All I could say was "Here I thought you'd never surprise me again. But man, what stellar parenting skills you are exhibiting this morning." Then I turned around and went inside. I think I heard him sputter and say something about "waiting there for me." I just didn't even continue the conversation.

Who in their right mind sends a 7 year old into a dark house, not talking to the adult that they are suppose to meet with and then gets into the car to leave not knowing if there is actually someone in said house?????

No comments: